thanks 21

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, March 22, 2017 @ 3:11 PM | , , ,

Hi there! I hope you are having a great week! Today I'm joining along with PTI Make It Monday challenge where the challenge is to create a project featuring Window Chipboard Sentiments. I created a card for my sweet sister Tina thanking her for taking care of my dogs while I was away this weekend on a hiking trip.
I combined pretty flowers from the PTI Vintage Linens set with the thanks sentiment from the PTI Wet Paint Cuts die collection:
For sketch inspiration, I'm joining along with the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch challenge:
This past weekend, I went on a three night, two day backpacking trip with two of my girlfriends:
We hiked 8 miles down the Havasu Canyon which is located on the Havasuapi Indian Reservation. Havasupai is roughly translated as “The people of the blue-green waters,” which refers to the beautiful turquoise color of Havasu Creek. ... These minerals saturate the water and reflect sunlight, making the water a turquoise color. I won't bore you with all the photos we took but I did want to share a few! There's only three ways down: hiking, horseback riding or a helicopter ride:



Once down the canyon upon approaching the remote Indian Village, the turquoise colored Havasu Creek runs:
 After we checked in to the lodge and dropped off our belongings, we continued our adventure down the canyon to explore some of the beautiful waters and waterfalls:


Shown below is the spectacular Havasupai Falls from above:

and here's what it looks like from the base of the falls. We swam in the water which was incredibly cold!!!
We also hiked to Mooney Falls. 
I saw it from above peeking out from the cave but I was not brave enough to climb down the canyon wall to the base. Here's why:
My girlfriend Jackie was the brave one and shared this photo with us :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature



 Comments

21 Sweet Comments So Far:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty thank you card for Tina! And oh my gosh, what gorgeous photos!!

Lisa said...

Your card is so beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous!! I love the window sentiment technique - I may borrow that idea!! And WOW!! Your pictures are spectacular!! What an amazing hike!! The scenery is so incredibly beautiful!! I would love to make that hike someday!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your friends!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

Wow--what an incredible adventure, Mona! Gorgeous country--love seeing your pictures! Beautiful card for your sister--love the simplicity of the 2 blooms with the lovely die cut words!

Linda Callahan said...

Love,your pretty flowers and funky sentiment! And your photos are fabulous! What a journey.....the color of th eater is amazing!

Samra said...

Gorgeously elegant card Mona and the pictures of your hike look great! Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is so pretty and the die-cut sentiment adds an interesting element. Loved seeing your hiking pictures. The terrain was so rugged, but incredibly beautiful.

Ros Crawford said...

That's one pretty card and I love the simplicity of the flowers with the love technique of the die cut. Amazing photos! My your friend was brave to go down there... What a hike! Well done to you all!

Maria said...

Very pretty card for your sister with the lovely flowers and die cut! I'm sure she'll love it! Oh, your photos are so amazing! What glorious beauty! A fun trip for you and your friends! I can't wait to show these photos to my husband! We were in AZ last fall to visit my sis-in-law and saw some AZ beauty...so beautiful!!

Stampingcountry said...

Such a pretty, vibrant card and yet it's clean and simple!

Unknown said...

Your card is so beautiful!! And your trip looked incredible!!!! I want to visit that waterfall!

Marjan said...

Great card! Love the way how you did the sentiment, never saw this before, but must remember!
Ah... your photo's make me think of the two times we had a wonderful time in your beautiful country where we experienced similar countryside! We hope to return one time.

Stella said...

Not for a million dollars I would have climbed down that canyon:) But your phots are fab; such a spectacular place to hike! Geesh an eight miles hike. You're a fit girl:)
I love your card; the flowers are almost popping off the card. So pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is CAS perfection Mona...love it!! And your pictures are fabulous! I wouldn't have been brave enough to climb down those "ladders" either, but what stunning pictures your one friend got by doing it! :0)

Susan Lankford said...

Hi! Your card is so clever with the chipboard peeking through!
And Omigosh! the scenery is gorgeous...it must have been rugged and completely amazing!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is beautiful !!! I need to try that technique! So cool! Your photos are amazing! I know I wouldn't have had the nerve for that hike!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome card, Mona! What a wonderful weekend it looks like you had! The photos are amazing!

Skrater said...

This is a beautiful card, the flowers are so bold and the sentiment is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous pictures, too. We used to live in Colorado and made it to the Grand Canyon for one day (and it was totally fogged in!) so we hope to return next summer. Reminds me of all that glorious beauty!!!

Helen Wallace said...

Gorgeous colours MONA. Love the fishing and coral combo. I also love your hiking photos. What a wonderful thing to do with your mates - in the great outdoors, connected to nature. I would not have attempted that climb either!

lainey said...

What a simple, but very pretty card. And what an adventure you were on...thanks for sharing the pictures!

Kim S said...

What a stunning trip you had!! (I love hiking but I wouldn't have gone to the bottom either!) And so lovely that you made a card for your sister. The two sweet flowers are perfect for the "thanks". Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Val-Belle said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours. Wow such wonderful photos it looks so rugged there. A lot like some places here in SA. I would not have gone to the bottom either. In fact I would not have gone hiking at all. THe only hike I do is to the top of the stairs to bed :D :D :D


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS