Pink Tulips 17

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, December 23, 2015 @ 9:14 AM | , , ,


Hi! I hope you are enjoying the magic of the holiday season! Angie will be flying to Buffalo on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with her Dad and his family so we are celebrating Christmas a day early here. I took a break from shopping and wrapping presents to paint in my art journal.
I've been having so much fun trying new techniques and learning various strokes with my paintbrushes and oil paints. I'm discovering a whole new world of art and artists as I'm searching to develop my own style. I recently discovered the uber talented artist Nancy Medina and I really admire her style of painting still life florals. Just what I've been looking for! Nancy shares a few free tutorial videos on YouTube and she sells a variety of how to videos on her website which I asked Santa Claus for. Santa knew I've been a good girl because I received a UPS confirmation email that the videos are due to arrive tomorrow!!! :) My naked walls are going to be so happy to have some colorful artwork hanging on them in 2016! Here's my take on Nancy's YouTube How To Paint a Tulip video:

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday ~ God Bless!
Thanks so much for stopping by ~ Be Sweet ;)
post signature




 Comments

17 Sweet Comments So Far:

Lin said...

How lovely, Mona - you are talented in so many ways! What a lovely breath of spring!

Lisa said...

Wow, Mona, this is absolutely stunning!! You are an amazing artist!! Your walls will look so beautiful adorned with your paintings!! I love the colors of this!! Truly gorgeous!! I hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season!! Merry Christmas!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Redanne said...

I think you took to this type of painting like a duck to water - this is a stunning painting Mona! Wishing you all the very best during this holiday season. Anne xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your tulips are so pretty Mona and will look wonderful on your wall! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

mamablitger said...

Mona your tulips look fabulous. Gosh your talents amaze me. It seems as if Nancy has been a good teacher so far. I look forward to enjoy your further progress after UPS has delivered....lol
I wish you and your family a lovely Christmas.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Sue Lelli said...

You have definitely found your style, Mona! These tulips are AMAZING! What a Beautiful canvas this would make!

Cheryl W. said...

I am blown away by your beautiful oil painting, Mona! Your flowers look ethereal. I just want to sit here and drink in their loveliness. Thank you for sharing your art. It is such an inspiration. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Pon Malar said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog dear ♥♥ seeing your blog & I am already amazed by your creations :) this is an awesome painting, love the strokes & the detailing. Beautiful color ♥ And oh, happy holidays to you too. And a happy new year ♥

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous - such depth to the large tulip - it looks 3D - I love your beautiful painting! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family - and your fur babies too!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Mona, you are so talented! These tulips are gorgeous!

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful spring tulips - it's been so lovely following your painting journey, even though I haven't always managed to comment. Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
Alison xx

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so pretty! Merry Christmas!

Greta said...

Merry, Merry Christmas, Mona! Wishing you & your family a Christmas of peace & joy! I adore this gorgeous painting--my favorite so far, but then I do love pink!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Your walls will indeed be beautiful!

Susan Lankford said...

Wow..your paintings get prettier with each new one!

Cindy Percovich said...

Absolutely amazing Mona! OMG, you are so talented!

Samra said...

WOW!!! Mona you are quite an artist! Love this work of art!
Hugs

Samra
Paper Talk with Samra


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS