Birthday wishes 25

Mona Pendleton | Sunday, March 1, 2015 @ 11:40 AM | , , , ,


Happy March! So did March come in like a lion where you live? Thankfully not here ~ we are enjoying 70 degree temps with partially blue sky. Makes for perfect hiking weather :) Today I have a couple of cards to share featuring beautiful beautiful patterned papers from the Pion Design Paris Flea Market collections. The first one up is a birthday card for my dear sister Tina:
 I embellished both cards with a trio of homemade die cut rolled roses, foliage, a stamped clock and sentiment:
 For a touch of shimmer, each rose was dusted with a sprinkling of glitter:
I cleaned the clock stamp but there was still stubborn black ink that remained on the stamp. When I stamped the image in the tan ink pad, the inks mixed. I kinda like the final result. Something different.
For sketch inspiration, I joined along with the current cardabilities sketch challenge:
Many thanks for visiting ~ I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature







Pion Design products used:
Paris Flea Market 6x6 ~ Forget me not PD5803
Paris Flea Market 6x6 ~ Rose du Jardin PD5804
Paris Flea Market 6x6 ~ Pink fabric PD5805
Paris Flea Market 6x6 ~ Blue fabric PD5806
Paris Flea Market ~ Forget me not PD5706F


 Comments

25 Sweet Comments So Far:

Buffy said...

Two amazing cards Mona. I adore the subtle colours.
Truly beautiful

Samra said...

Wow!!! Absolutely breathtaking cards Mona!! Love the colors and your take of the sketch.

Deb said...

Beautiful cards Mona and I rather like the ink mixing on your stamp! Happy birthday to your sister and happy hiking to you! (March is acting very lamb like in B.C. too, still a little too much snow here for hiking but won't be long now!)

Tracey said...

These are just beautiful Mona!! I love the two different colour schemes!

Cheryl W. said...

These cards are really lovely. Happy birthday to your sister, Tina! Sisters become more special with every passing year. I know whereof I speak - I have three fabulous sisters!!

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are stunning, Mona!! I love those papers!! The designs and details are just fabulous!! Love these!! Chilly and snowy here on the first day of March...I would love your 70's weather!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kara Lynne said...

Both of your cards are just gorgeous with your beautiful rolled roses and I love the stamping!

Unknown said...

Both of these card are beautiful my friend.

Hugs~

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards Mona, Tina will love hers!! While I really like the soft pink, that is such a yummy blue!! And FYI...we got the lion today ~ 7 more inches of white fluff :(

Greta said...

I always love your work, but these cards have moved to the top of my list! Gotta remember to dust my flowers with glitter--wonderful!

Gabby said...

Precious cards, beautiful details! :)

Karen M said...

These two cards are totally beautiful. I especially love the pink one. So sweet and feminine xx

Carole Wright said...

hi Mona, your card is beautiful, your sister will be really blessed. thank you for joining our challenge here at CARDABILITIES.x

Lynn D said...

Gorgeous and a beautiful take on that amazing sketch.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful cards, Mona!

Christine L said...

Ooh these are just soooooooo stunningly gorgeous Mona.... of course, the glitter on the flowers really grabs my attention.... and you know that I'll always love the pink over the blue!

Hugs
Christine x

Evgeniia Kolesnikova said...

Мона, они прекрасны!!!
такие зефирки))

Bonnie said...

What beautiful, feminine cards, Mona! Love those rolled flowers and the soft colors!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am always awed when I see your beautiful Pion projects xx

Carol Reisner said...

Two beautiful cards, Mona! Love the pretty papers and flowers! Swooon!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

You have made these Pion papers shine with your beautiful cards!

MakaArt said...

Very beautiful!!

Aggie said...

They are absolutely beautiful! Love the colours and your take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities :-)

Karan Gerber said...

Mona, love seeing your cards linked up, you are always an inspiration! Beautiful card, love the details, thank you for joining in with us over at Cardabilities!

Unknown said...

Wow beautiful cards happy birthday wishes to.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS