Easter blessings 42

Mona Pendleton | Saturday, February 16, 2013 @ 8:55 AM | , , , , , , , , , ,

Hi there! Hope you are having a great weekend! Do you have anything fun planned? Scott is working all weekend and I will be spending time creating :) Spring has Sprung in my world! I have a case of Spring Fever REALLY bad! The weather has been beautiful, temps high in the 70's and sunny blue skies. PERFECT bike riding and hiking weather :) On top of that, I'm getting quite restless as I am counting down the days until Scott and I take off for the land down under within the next few weeks, admittedly making it very difficult to focus on what I need to get done before hand. We will be gone for 1/2 of the month of March and thankfully Kim and Jody at MFT are sooooo organized and on top of things thatI have had the products to create for the March release in hand for over a week now!

Today I have a few pages in my art journal that I have been working on in between DT assignments. I combined MANY Die-namics dies and MFT stamps to create this spring scene. 
ALL the die cut pieces were made using inexpensive music note patterned paper from Hobby Lobby, (5 12" x 12" sheets for $1), with the exception of the basket which was made using upcycled corrugated cardboard. Once I colored the background using Faber-Castell Gelatos and Liquitex Basics Gesso, I arranged the die cut pieces on the pages then adhered in place using Liquitex Matte Medium. Once dry, I painted using a variety of Golden Fluid  Acrylic Paints. I used a variety of Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush Pens to highlight pieces and a Faber-Castell Essential PITT Artist Pen for doodling.
The flourish shown below was made using Die-namics Large Leaf Flourish, the bird was made using the bird die from Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse, the die cut flower was made using Die-namics Flower & Leaf Trio. The black stamped trio of flowers are from LJD Embellished Eggs. For flourish and bird inspiration, I referred to a calendar that I recently purchased featuring the talented Lisa Kaus
To create the bunny, I combined the following Die-namics dies: Die-namics Circle STAX Set 2Die-namics Heart STAXDie-namics Oval STAX Set 1 and Die-namics Oval STAX Set 2. For bunny inspiration, I referred to Terry's post where she used a variety of punches to create her bunny and I simply substituted the punches with Die-namics dies. The stamped sentiment is from Pure Innocence Bunny Ears and the random stamped text was stamped using a stamp from Die-namics First Class Friend Die & Stamp Set.
and here's page 2:
Another flourish, except this one was made using Die-namics Large Leaf Flourish:
I die cut a corrugated cardboard using Die-namics Woven Basket and filled it with stamped flowers using a stamp from LJD Embellished Eggs and topped it off with a die cut flower made using Die-namics Flower & Leaf Trio. The die cut eggs were made using Die-namics LJD Easter Elements and the sweet bird perched on top was made using a bird die from Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse.
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you enjoy the weekend!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

42 Sweet Comments So Far:

Ros Crawford said...

What gorgeous pages these are ... You are making me feel like Spring just looking at them. Your trip sounds really exciting too ... have a lovely weekend!

Debbi said...

OMG, these pages are just too cute!!!! Love the sweet Easter themes, especially that darling little bunny! Wow, your upcoming trip sounds amazing! It would be hard to concentrate on anything else! Have fun!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE these pages, Mona! That bunny and the sentiment ant the eggs and the birdie just tell a Wonderful story! So light and airy! Now I want to try that! You ARE an inspiration to me!

Alina said...

Wonderful art journal! Love the bright colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Okay now you have me getting spring fever Mona! This is adorable, sweet little bunny! Happy crafting ;)

MichelleMc said...

Beautiful! Wonderful textures and colors! Your animals are so adorable! Love it!

Julia Aston said...

What sweet Spring/Easter pages Mona! love the bunny and cute basket! The various paints look great on this! Have a wonderful time on vacation - what a great place to go! Look forward to seeing your pics when you get back! (or maybe even when you are still there!)

Kerry said...

Fabulous pages, Mona! Spring is here, at least on your gorgeous pages! Thanks so much for making my day spring-like!

Davi said...

Beautiful journal pages Mona, the sweet bunny and basket are tooo cute and so springy. It is hard to stay indoors in the fab weather :)

PapierGirl said...

Just beautiful Mona - I can look at these pages over and over again and find something new each time. The detail is amazing! :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Another amazing piece of artwork by you!!! The pages are soft and beautiful. Your mix media always amazes me.

Deborah Frings said...

What gorgeous pages! So bright and fresh - love the eggs! I do love your mixed media art - always just lovely.

I wish spring would come here! Still below freezing and we've had snow again. The upside is that it's almost 6.30pm and only just getting dark! So spring will be here soon.

Dawnll said...

These dies are just adorable as they come.I love that bunny and all the cheerful colors.
I am so jealous of your fine weather my friend...we are at around 16 right now and 10-15 mile an hour winds that are cool. Send some warm weather my way won't you?
Hugs

Nancy L said...

Absolutely adorable project, Mona! Love the little bird and the darling bunny! TFS!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Mona! So sweet and creative! Love your use of all the Die-namics and stamps to create these gorgeous pages!

Yesnir said...

Wow, Mona, these pages are so sweet! I love the beautiful texture and the amazing way you've used these dies! Hope you have a wonderful trip down under! I'm so jealous!

g said...

oh goodness this is super cute!! so glad you can find time to art journal- so awesome! i just love the sweet bunny & your birds are just adorable! LOVE this!

Heather Rogers said...

What darling journal pages. Great way to use all those fabulous die-namics dies. :)

Laural said...

Beautiful work, Mona! Love how you used those MFT dies! Brilliant and creative!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this is amazing, Mona! Love the bright colors and also the background with the text more and less visible! Pretty!!
Hugs, Wendy

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So sweet and cheery! Love the spring theme, especially since we just had 2 inches of snow...the first in 2 years!!!

Cynthia Perkins said...

Adorable pages Mona!!! Beautifully done!

Julie said...

Amazing dies, Mona! So creative! I LOVE these pretty Spring colors and all your wonderful texturing! You really are an amazing artist! TFS and have a great upcoming week!

Paper Profusion said...

Oh Mona this is the sweetest ever!! Totally gorgeous and fabulously creative. You are wonderfully talented. Your bunny is very clever and adorable! Have a lovely week. Nicola x

Sis Patterson said...

I love your mixed media pieces and these are no exception. Enjoy your wonderful weekend in the perfect Spring weather. And enjoy that time down under!

Vickie Z said...

Fun!! Love this!! So jealous/happy for your trip!! We were 65 on Friday and got two inches of snow on Saturday....can't remember the last time we had snow!! Can't wait to see the new peeks and have a fabulous trip!!!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL Mona just BEAUTIFUL! and so SPRINGY!!! I too have Spring Fever... not lucky enough to hit 70 yet.. BUT did see sunshine and 55 the other day! :) Happiness I tell ya!!
Your trip sounds AMAZING!!!! Cant wait to see photos!!
Hope your weekend was GREAT!!

Cynthia said...

Oh Mona, this is so sweet!! You are making me long for Spring!!! I'm really jealous of your weather! TFS!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Mona!! Wowie! Spring has definitely sprung!! 8-) LOVE your Darling Easter Art journal pages and I am just Amazed at all the Gorgeous and Sweet MFT elements you have combined in them too! Goodness! Love every Sweet Cheery detail! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Constance said...

Love these pages, Mona!!!! So spring-like! That little bunny is adorable!

Unknown said...

I'm soooo ready for spring too Mona and your pages are like a breath of fresh air. :) That's one sweet bunny and I love the basket with colored eggs too!
Your trip sounds exciting and can't wait to see the photos, have fun! Hugs

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous colors!!!!! Really fun art journal pages!!! I would say I was going to miss you while you are away but sounds like we will still get to enjoy posts from you while you are on vacation! Have a wonderful time and I can't wait to see photos when you come back! (hint hint) :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such darling, sweet journal entries!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Sharon Harnist said...

LOVING your art journal pages, Mona -- each one is a masterpiece!

Sharon Harnist said...

LOVING your art journal pages, Mona -- each one is a masterpiece!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mona, such a lovely Easter Themed art page!

Mirna said...

Lovely pages, Mona! Spring is definitely here, at least on your beautiful pages! Love the way you used these dies and I LOVE your colors and textures! Amazing as usual! TFS!

Yvonne Dalhammer said...

So sweet, Mona! Love the darling images and how you creative them with these dies! Brilliant!

Unknown said...

Stunning pages, Mona! Love the spring/Easter theme! Your colors and textures are so fun! Thanks for sharing!

AimeeOh said...

Wow, Mona, this is so beautiful and Springy! Darling images! TFS!

Unknown said...

Everything about these pages have me smiling. You did such a great job with these.

Hugs~

Bärbel said...

Zwei bezaubernd gestaltete Journal-Seiten in wunderschönen Frühlingsfarben, ich bin begeistert!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS