On the Eleventh Day of Christmas... 101

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, December 16, 2010 @ 1:00 AM | ,

Normally at this time, Claire and the Waltzingmouse DT members would be previewing new stamp sets for release. However, there will be no release this month in order to allow Claire time to focus on a few "behind the scenes" plans that will take us to the next level in the new year.

It's all very exciting, so we ask that you bear with us! It will be worth it! Instead, we're coming together to bring you some ideas and inspiration for holiday crafting (and beyond) which we are calling 12 Days of Christmas Waltzingmouse Style! Each day will showcase a different design team member, so be sure to check back daily through December 17th for the links... and enjoy!

Welcome to the 11th day of the Waltzingmouse 12 Days of Christmas!
I am sharing a coupon book that I made for my hubby who is one of THE most difficult people to shop for on my list! Long before I joined Claire and the Waltzingmouse DT, I was sold on Waltzingmouse Stamps not only for Claire's amazing design style but that fact that she designs so many stamps to coordinate with Spellbinders™ die templates making it oh so easy to flawlessly cut/emboss many of her stamped images. So lets get started: 
On the cover, in the upper right hand corner the stamped label is from Very Vintage Labels No. 4 and a S4-190 Labels Four die template was used to cut/emboss the image.
I made the little decorative embellishment to the left of the Poinsettia by stamping a wreath from Nutcracker Sweet then cut/embossed using a S4-293 Lacey Circle die template.
Page 1 features A visit from St. Nicholas poem from Twas the night before Christmas:
Page 2 features a sentiment and vintage ornament from Vintage Ornaments that was cut/embossed using a S4-283 2010 Heirloom Ornament die template and I stamped a label from Very Vintage Labels No. 4 and used a S4-190 Labels Four die template to cut/emboss the image.
This is what the front of the coupon looks like outside the pocket:
Page 3 features an image from Around Christmastime that was cut/embossed using a S4-114 Standard Circles LG die template then layered on top a scalloped circle cut using a S4-114 Standard Circles LG die template.
 Here is what the coupon looks like outside the pocket:
I stamped sentiments on each coupon front and back (shown below) the Joyeux Noel is from Very Vintage Christmas.
Page 4 features sentiment from Compliments of the Season and a stamped beautiful ornate label from Holiday Labels No. 14 that was cut/embossed using a S4-290 Labels Fourteen die template.

Page 5 has a lot of little star/snowflake images from Seasons of Love - Tags scattered about the background:
I stamped the star image from Seasons of Love - Tags then used a S4-092 Stars Five die template to cut/emboss the image. On the back of each coupon, I stamped an image from Victorian Frippery then filled in the blanks with a little gift of sorts :)
Are you able to see the soft, fuzzy texture achieved by using the Dryer Sheet technique on the blue snowflake?
Page 6 features a stamped black decorative circular border from Vintage Circles, Small 
that was cut/embossed using a  S4-114 Standard Circles LG die template:
Page 7 features an ornate from stamped frame from Victorian Frippery using a S4-162 Labels No. 2 die template to cut/emboss the image:
Below the ornately framed Santa I stamped a sentiment from Compliments of the Season:
Page 8 features a coupon with a decorative heart image from Season's of Love-Tags then used a S4-136 Classic Heart die template to cut/emboss the image.
Spellbinders™ die templates are unique in that you can easily cut, emboss and stencil. Here is how I created the sentiment label on the front of the star: Step 1: Stamp the sentiment from Season's of Love-Tags. Step 2: Positioned and taped a S4-110 Classic Ovals LG die template over the sentiment. Step 3: Run through die cut machine to cut/emboss the image. Step 4: While leaving die in place, use a sponge dauber to apply ink.

That's all I have for today - I hope you enjoyed my project. Thanks for looking! Tomorrow, Joan will be sharing an awesome Holiday project with you! You'll find all the links on the Waltzingmouse Stamps blog.

***EDITED: Dec. 16th 6:38AM EDT: I also have some exciting news to share, if you missed seeing my Waltzingmouse Yuletide Blessings card, please feel free to head on over to the Melissa Frances Blog, where it is being featured today :) YIPEEEE!!!

Supplies Used:
Cover
Stamps: Waltzingmouse:  Twas the night before Christmas, Nutcracker Sweet,
Very Vintage Labels No. 4
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-190 Labels Four, S4-293 Lacey Circles, S4-219 Nested Poinsettia, GC-001 Grand Calibur

Page 1
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Twas the night before Christmas, Very Vintage Christmas
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-291 Labels Fifteen, S4-286 2010 Snowflake Pendants, GC-001 Grand Calibur

Page 2
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Very Vintage Labels No. 4, Musical Backgrounds,Vintage Ornaments, Victorian Frippery
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-190 Labels Four, S4-293 Lacey Circles, S4-283 2010 Heirloom Ornaments, S5-025 Labels Seventeen, GC-001 Grand Calibur

Page 3
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Around Christmastime, Nutcracker Sweet, Very Vintage Christmas, Victorian Frippery
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-291 Labels Fifteen, S4-287 Fanciful Holiday, GC-001 Grand Calibur

Page 4
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Seasons of Love - Tags, Holiday Labels No. 14, Compliments of the Season
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-290 Labels Fourteen, S4-287 Fanciful Holiday, GC-001 Grand Calibur

Page 5
Stamps: Waltzingmouse:  Seasons of Love - Tags, Around Christmastime, Compliments of the Season, Victorian Frippery
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-092 Stars Five, S5-025 Labels Seventeen, LF-190 Grand Labels Four, Shapeabilities® S4-225 Holiday Cheer, GC-001 Grand Calibur


Page 6
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Vintage Circles, Small, Nutcracker Sweet, Compliments of the Season
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-304 Eyelet Circles,  S4-114 Standard Circles LG, Shapeabilities® S4-235 Fancy Tags, GC-001 Grand Calibur


Page 7
Stamps: Waltzingmouse:  Compliments of the Season, Very Vintage Labels No. 2
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-162 Labels No. 2, S4-219 Nested Poinsettia, GC-001 Grand Calibur


Page 8
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Season's of Love-Tags, Victorian Frippery
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-136 Classic Heart, S5-025 Labels Seventeen, S4-286 2010 Snowflake Pendants, S4-110 Classic Ovals LG, GC-001 Grand Calibur

post signature


 Comments

101 Sweet Comments So Far:

Trude Julie said...

WOW, this is sooooo amazing, I absolutely adore this coupon book. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Alina said...

Gorgeous book!! I love it! You did a fantastic job!

Trudy said...

OMG, Mona this is the most fabulous creation you have made and that is saying a lot! I am 100% speechless so I will just say I love it!

Fabrienne M said...

Magnificent book, Mona! Superb!

Fiona said...

Mona, I think this is a stunning epic creation! Such a divine work of art and it is obvious that you put so much of yourself into this project! What an amazingly creative mini-book! Another of your many masterpieces! Thank you so much for this inspiration!

Crystal said...

Just blow me away, Mona! WOW, this is such an amazing holiday book! Every page is stunning and so creative! I just love everything about this project! Please send me this book when you are finished with it! :)

Heidi said...

Gorgeous book, Mona! You really did an outstanding dilly job! There are just so many beautiful embellishments and every page is a new gorgeous adventure! The idea of gift coupons is so brilliant! I am so ready and inspired! Thanks!

Joan B said...

stunning. so much beauty!

Mary Chen said...

This is a true masterpiece Mona! Absolutely stunning and very inspirational!

Betty Wright said...

GASP****SIGH****GASP! WOW! Fabulous coupon booklet I am sure your dh will LOVE! The detailing and design is a true work of heart! Gorgeous, Mona!

Dee in N.H. said...

OMG! That is absolutely beautiful! What a sweet and heartfelt gift. Thanks for taking the time to walk us through it!

Ros said...

I am speechless!! what can I say about something that is beyond words .... Absolutely amazing, beautiful ... superb ... Love it and I'm sure Scott will treasure it ...

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness! The decorative paper is gorgeous, every sheet of it! Your husband is one lucky man to get a gift this "Awesome" and meaningful!
Brandi

Stella said...

This is not just a gift; it;s a treasure. Filled to the brim with so many breathtaking items....WOW! This is without any doubt the most gorgeous craft project I've ever seen, It's to die for and all I can say is that Scott is a lucky man. And I am jealous :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a gorgeous gift of Love you had designed and created. Each page is so beautiful. I love the different tags and your use of Spellbinders to cut out the different shapes. That is what I love about WMS. This gift will be cherished by your husband for many years to come.

Joanne Gilch said...

THUD! OUCH! My chin hit the top of my desk! This took time and love for the love of your life!!! thank you for sharing this book with us. All of the tutorials were just perfect for us to be able to create our own. It certainly gave me an idea for the gift cards I need to give a certain someone...my sister! what do you buy someone that has everything and is very picky about what you do give her? gift cards for her favorite services...massages, pedicures, hair!!!
Claire's images sure do provide the perfect back drop for all the Christmas flair

Emily Keaton said...

ABSOLUTELY stunning, Mona! Wow, what an incredibly detailed labor of love. Your husband is so lucky! :)

Bonnie said...

Absolutely amazing Mona! This is just beautiful!

Debbie said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Mona! What a treasured keepsake :)

Davi said...

Mona what a Fabulous Creation..I LOVE it!! All the beautiful embellies, layers and that scrumptous vintage look is so WONDERFUL!!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous book Mona! love the papers, the vintage images and all the stamping! Each page is a work of art to feast the eyes on!

Unknown said...

Your book look fabulous.. It was so much fun seeing all those lovely pages. All done so well. You don't miss a detail..

Hugs, Linda

Pattie said...

Fabulous book Mona! It is truly gorgeous and inspiring!

Katie said...

What a fabulous gift for your husband...you clearly have put a lot of time into this and it is simply gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

Mona this is SO gorgeous! What a special gift! You can see that you poured your heart into each detail. SPECTACULAR!

Pammy said...

Mona this is mind blowing and jaw dropping! Every page of this book is a work of art! I love it! What a great idea to use coupons! TFS!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is such a great gift for Scott! It's really sweet and so pretty! Love the coupon ideas and I'm sure he will enjoy cashing them in as well! Congrats on the Melissa Frances feature!!! YAAAY!

Deborah Frings said...

Mona - this is simply fabulous!!! And what a brilliant idea - a coupon book - can I "borrow" this idea - please? It would be so good for my hubby. Your book is truly a work of art - so vintage and beautiful! Love shines out through every page.

Lindsay said...

Just awesome Mona! Awesome!

Jen Johnson said...

A-Freakin-mazing! OMG, Mona, this is so over-the-top incredible; I just don't know what else to say. This must have taking your 1000 hours! You hubby will love this! I haven't seen a project so beautiful, EVER! Wow!

slbt17 said...

wow! Wow! WOW! this is wonderful!
now I have a wish list a mile long of all the stamp sets I need!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Sandra

~* steph :) *~ said...

ohmy, mona! this is one gorgeous coupon book! i love it!!! so many wonderful details. i think i could look at each page for a long time!! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Kandy Harrison said...

Wow, this is an amazing project! How inspiring! Thanks so much!

Linda L said...

Love this so much! I haven't seen anything else this amazing!!!! Great job!

Stacey Pembroke said...

Wow, Mona, your DH is so lucky to have such a creative wife! This is so incredible! I think this might be your most phenomenal design ever! I love all the amazing details on every page! This is filled will hundreds of inspiring ideas! Thanks!

HeatherCz said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Mona! This should be an entire spread in a magazine! You have included so many amazing details and beautiful accents! I adore this book!

Gale Evans said...

Mona, you are such a creative person! This is the most spectacular design I've seen here! Wow, I can;t believe all the gorgeous details (time and energy) you put into this. Your husband will die when he sees it! Totally amazing!

Nancy D said...

Incredible! OMG, you put so much into this project! I am speechless!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a beautiful book, Mona! I love it!!

Amy said...

This is so very pretty! I'm sure that your hubby will love it!

Yesnir said...

Absolutely magnificent and astounding project Mona! It must have taken you days to create! So many gorgeous details! What a treasure!

Theresa Camden said...

Phenomenal project, Mona! Really, this is so unbelievably gorgeous! Every page and every detail is perfect! Bravo!

Sylvia said...

Absolutely gorgeous book, Mona! What a wonderful christmas you will have, I am sure!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is one super cool coupon book there Mona, wonderful creation!

Julie Ranae said...

I love this idea Mona....I always carry a coupon book for the holidays in my purse...if I carried this, people would stopping me in my tracks! Really AdOrAbLe!

Sensible said...

Mona, you are so awesome!!! I love this coupon book idea! It is so fabulous! Every little detail is amazing!

Unknown said...

fantastic book
gorgeous!!!

Carlie said...

Absolutely gorgeous project and a wonderful gift for your DH! You obviously spend a great amount of time with this masterpiece and it looks like it was well worth it! Mona, I think you are gifted!

Cynthia Perkins said...

Wow, Mona, this is truly a treasure for your husband! What an amazing mini book! Each page is full of surprises with such gorgeous vintage embellishments! I love all the beautiful dies you used and the perfectly matching WM stamps! I bet Claire is besides herself!!!!

Andrea M said...

Fabulous book, Mona! You do such beautiful work!

GabrielleH said...

What amazing inspiration, Mona! I love the idea of this book and I love all the little tags and envelopes for the coupons! Great idea and this book is absolutely stunning, every single page and every inch of each page! Wow, I am speechless!

Heather Rogers said...

What a perfect gift for someone who is hard to buy for. I love the vintage santa images and all your beautiful embellishments. I am sure Scott will love it. Especially the no interruptions on football day. I know for a fact my hubby would love a whole book filled with that coupon. ;)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous and highly creative book Mona! Really the best I've seen! You are so talented and your DH is so lucky to have you! I bet he will be speechless when he sees this incredible creation! Also, congrats on another feature on the Melissa Frances Blog! Wow! Are you already on her team?

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Just STUNNING. I can't even put into words how much I am in love with this project!!! Wait until MIL sees it... lol!!

Helen Watanabi said...

Mona, you are just so amazing! What a sweet treasure for your DH! I know he will love it. I love it too! Just so incredible!

Diane Jaquay said...

First let me pick my jaw up off the floor Mona lol! OMG girlie, this is one of the most GORGEOUS books I've ever seen!!! You've really outdone yourself here, absolutely STUNNING!

Angie Hewitt said...

Mona, what a breathtaking gift book! Brilliant idea to incorporate coupons into the gorgeous book! I love all the gorgeous stamps and die cuts everywhere! This is now my favorite design of yours! Also congratulatiions on being featured on Melissa Frances's Blog again! That card is awesome!

LaurieJ said...

Mona, this is so stunningly beautiful! You can see the love that you poured into it. I'm sure your husband will be thrilled.

Lavender Rose said...

Your husband will adore it, your little book is just stunning!

Constance said...

As has been said already, this book is a gorgeous masterpiece Mona! I am sure your DH will treasure it! It is out of this world beautiful! TFS!

Jodie said...

What a great idea! I am sure DH will adore this as we all have. Thankyou for all the other photos on stamping and inking ets. along the way. Now I can see how you always acheive such perfect work all the time!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

This is soooo beautiful!! It must have taken a long time to put together! Love it!!

AimeeOh said...

Amazing project, Mona! Wow, so much time and love was put into this book! What a wonderful gift idea! And every page is a miniature work of art! Really incredible job and I'm sure your DH will be blown away! Also, congrats on another wonderful feature on the Melissa Frances website!

Regina Mapleson said...

Wow, this is your most breathtaking project ever! What a treasure to give to your DH! I love the idea of coupons! This book is beyond stunning!

anya said...

Mona, this is so amazing. What love and care put into this - it is a perfect gift idea and I'm sure you husband will love it! I bet it is so fun to page through with so much to look at!

Kerry said...

Mona, this book is so stunning! I really love all the fun dies you used and the matching Waltzing Mouse stamps! Every page is a new adventure; there is just so much to love about this project! Your DH will love it! Happy Holidays!

Shirley N said...

A truly magnificent project, each page so beautifully crafted. Just stunning Mona!

Kat Hill said...

Like everyone one else above me has already stated, this is such a magnificent and creative project!

Mary Lewis said...

Gorgeous book, Mona!

Jan Evans said...

OMG, Mona! I'm so glad I clicked on your blog today! What a treat! This book is absolutely spectacular! You really should submit this to a magazine, it is priceless! I'm sure your hubby will be floored when he sees it! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

BevL said...

Mona, this is such a gorgeous gift of creativity and love. Each page is so incredible and I love the different Spellbinders labels you used through out. And I love that the WM stamps are a perfect match! This gift will be treasured by your DH forever and ever! WOW!

Joanne Leddy said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous gift of love you have created! I'm sure this will be forever treasured ... beautiful.

Mirna said...

Beautiful Christmas book, Mona! I love all your gorgeous details; so much love was put into it! I'm sure the DH will love it! Congratulations for having your lovely card featured over on the Melissa Frances site again! You are really rockin' it girlie!

Sue Lelli said...

Your husband is the LUCKIEST guy around to get this FAB coupon book! And he's pretty lucky to be married to someone as sweet as you, too! Tell him I said so!! LOL!

Andrea M said...

AHHHH!!! This is utter brilliance in a beautiful Christmas package!!! What a wonderful, thoughtful, beautifully constructed gift! Scott's gonna love it! What hubby wouldn't love the gift of uninterrupted football LOL!!!
CONGRATS again on the feature on MF blog!!!! You are a rockstar!!!

Lora DeJardins said...

Mona, this is, with out a doubt, your most magnificent creation to date! Wow, I love every page and every wonderful beautiful detail! I love all the precious coupons and their pouches! And all the sweet SB die shapes and WM stamps on them are fabulous! I am so smitten with this book! WOW!

Tasha K. said...

Mona, all I can say is Wowwww! I'm floored by this awesome project!

LindsayZ said...

Beautiful book, Mona! One of the most creative things I've seen all year! I mean it! Happy Holidays!

Velta said...

My jaw has fallen to the floor Mona...wonderful to say the least...This is just gorgeous and your inspiration is making my mind wander...Thank you for sharing your art work this year...Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

Christine Teros said...

Fantastic job on this beautiful book for your husband! This is a true masterpiece! He will love it! Also, congratulations on being featured again and again on Melissa Frances' website! What an honor!

Penny said...

Another amazing gorgeous and creative project, Mona! Your DH is so lucky; he will love this book especially the "football all day long" coupon! WOW, this is so phenomenal!

Unknown said...

beautiful creations & inspiration, mona!

Teri Holister said...

Mona, I think you husband will cherish this gorgeous book forever! Wow, what an amazing creation! This must have taken you weeks to create! I love all the fabulous dies you used and the wonderful stamps! Every inch of every single page is magnificent! You did an awesome job and thanks for the major inspiration!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Wow! This is really fabulous Mona! I LOVE MINI Albums and this is really gorgeous! I love all the pockets and hidden tags. It's all so beautiful!

KathyO said...

Mona, this is so amazing! Wow! You really create some fabulous projects! I love all the gorgeous details on each page and the coupons and pouches are so brilliant! Your DH is a lucky man! Also, way to go being featured on Melissa Frances' website again! Your style fits her products perfectly!

Marge said...

Stunningly GORGEOUS in every way, Mona!!! WOW -- Scott sure is a lucky guy!!!

Mandy Gwelton said...

Wow, my jaw just dropped! OMG, Mona this is your most incredible creation that I've seen! What a gorgeous coupon book! Head and shoulders above the rest of the 12 days designs! Every page is a masterpiece! Your DH will love it! Happy Holidays!

Tammy L said...

Like everyone had said before me, your mini book is phenomenal! Your best design yet! TFS!

Laural said...

Mona, you really did such an outstanding job on this amazing book! Every page is filled with just so many beautiful embellishments and every page is perfect! I love all the beautiful dies you used and those stamps are incredible! The idea of gift coupons is so brilliant! I am so inspired by this project! Thanks!

Reply

Cindy Percovich said...

Mona, this book is so breathtaking! Obviously this might just be your most amazing work to date! It looks like we all love it! It is absolutely incredible and I'm sure your husband will be so thrilled and treasure it forever! Great job inspiring us, Mona! Thanks so much!

Mercedes said...

Soooooooo gorgeous, Mona! This book is such a great idea for the man who is hard to shop for! I love the idea of the coupons and I love how you made yours! This book is a true work of art! Also, thanks for showing how you did several of your embellishments!

Brenda Holman said...

Mona, this is your most fabulous design ever! I adore this book! So many beautiful things on every turn of the page! Wow, you must have spent weeks on this! I bet Claire is out of her mind about this gorgeous showcase of her beautiful stamps! You really rocked this one, Mona!

Jan Hirsch said...

Mona, you really are amazing! This book is so stunning and it looks like it should have taken weeks to create! There is so much beauty in one place, Wow! Also, it was nice to see you featured again on Melissa Frances' site! That card is a masterpiece!

Martha W said...

Mona, your husband will adore this gorgeous coupon gift book! It is absolutely 100% stunning in every way! Wow, you must have spent so much time putting it together!! It turned out fabulous! WOW!

Carol Reisner said...

OMG, Mona, this is such a magnificent heartfelt gift for your DH! I am blown away by the wonderful design and all the amazing embellishments throughout! This book is a masterpiece! Great job!

PaperMom said...

Mona, this is an absolute work of art! Nothing else describes it adequately! Wow, you put so much into this project and your results are amazing! Your DH is a lucky man to have such a gifted wife! I love every page and all the little touches on each page! Also your photography and presentation are top notch! Wow, what a talented lady you are...

Alicia Wynn said...

Absolutely incredible project, Mona! I am so impressed with your talent! Wow, every page of this book is magnificent!

Silvia said...

The coupon book is such a great idea and it looks gorgeous. Love all the little details in the inside. Thanks for sharing this awesome project and the tutorial.

Christy Haverhill said...

Absolutely stunning coupon book, Mona! I don't think I've ever seen something so magnificent, at least in a very long while!!! Every page is gorgeous! I love all the fabulous die cuts and stamps you used! This is really a major masterpiece, your DH will love it!

Christina said...

Nothing I can say will adequately praise this project enough! Wow! This is definitely your most amazing design ever, Mona! Absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Jaw droppingly gorgeous, Mona! This is definitely your best work to date! I am so blown away! Wow!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS